Find a range of publications from GMHA staff as well as useful articles and links about geriatric advocacy issues.
GMHA publishes a monthly e-newsletter with important information about policy and advocacy developments, upcoming events, as well as the latest research and news about geriatric mental health.
- Supreme Court Decision Benefits People With Mental Illness, The Huffington Post, June 2012
- Overcoming Unhappiness in Residential Care, Long Term Living, May 2012.
- The Affordable Care Act Could Benefit Elders with Mental Health Problems, but Will It?, Aging Today Online, April 2012
- Elder Substance Abuse: Be Careful!, Huffington Post, November 2011
- Treating the Individual-Advice for Physicians Treating Older Adults, Aging Well Magazine, Fall 2011
- Elderly Depression and How It Can Be Overcome, Huffington Post, June 2011
- Elderly Depression: Is Melencholy an Inevitable Outcome of Getting Old? Huffington Post, June 2011
- Geriatric Mental Health in New York State: A Reflection on Progress and Future Directions, Mental Health News, Spring 2011
- Meeting the Mental Health Challenges of the Elder Boom, Huffington Post, January 2011
- You Cannot Age Well Without Mental Health, Huffington Post, December 2010
- New York’s Long-Term Health Care Challenge, Huffington Post, December 2010
- Physical and Mental Health Nexus, Aging Well Magazine, Fall 2010
- Mental Health Needs in Kinship Care Should be a Priority, Mental Health News, Fall 2010
- Include Mental Health in an Age-Friendly New York, Huffington Post, July 2010
- Our Debt to Family Caregivers, Mental Health News, Summer 2010
- Behavioral Health Challenges in Home Health Care, Focus, Spring 2010